MRI Galvanized Panel System
How do facilities across the globe build MRI shielding systems strong enough to consistently hold all RF shielding in place, yet flexible enough to be completely modular? They simply assign the responsibility to NELCO. Our modular Galvanized Panel System is constructed of rigid panels laminated in galvanized steel. To assure an impenetrable RF seal, we join the panels in continuous “hat and flat” and “corner cove” configurations, then follow up with ground isolation and RF attenuation tests. NELCO also demonstrates strength in selection of site options and accessories for uncompromised customization.
Features & Highlights
Can be used in new construction or with facility renovation
Fully modular for trouble-free site alterations and disassembly
Built for high traffic and high RF attenuation
Minimal on-site installation time, proven on-time delivery
Complete range of solutions for unique requirements
A team of professionals with extensive shielding expertise
Adhere to all safety and health regulations
Conduct final RF qualification and acceptance tests as well as ground isolation test
Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Radio Frequency (RF) shielding for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machines
- RF shielding for data/voice security, labs, and test rooms
- RF Shield Panels. Modular, rigid panels consisting of 3/4″ composition board laminated on two sides with 26 gauge galvanized steel.
- Panel Joining System. Continuous 1/8″ thick galvanized steel hat flat and corner cove framing shapes, configured to hold RF shield panels rigidly in place.
- Walls. Consist of modular RF shield panels, with the following additions:
- Penetration Panel: A standard RF panel will be modified to accept the MRI vendor’s supplied penetration panel at the time of magnet delivery. This includes a test plate and grounding buss bar.
- Magnet Delivery Access Panel: A removable section will be provided in the shield to allow entry or exit of the MRI magnet — location to be specified prior to shield fabrication.
- Floor. Consists of modular RF panels described above, with the following modifications:
- Underlayment: Consisting of vapor retardant polyethylene sheet and support material
- Magnet Supports/Anchors: Installed per Equipment Vendor’s specs
- Wiring Trenches/Raceways: Lined with formed 12-ounce copper and made electrically contiguous with floor panels
- In certain cases, the MRI equipment vendor requires the use of copper flooring immediately beneath the magnet. The RF panels will be laminated with 12 oz. copper to comply with the MRI equipment vendor specifications.
- Ceiling. Consists of modular RF panels described above, with the following modifications:
- Ceiling Supports: Vertical hangers with dielectrics are fastened to overhead structures such as bar joists, concrete slabs, trusses or beams, and are then attached to the RF shield ceiling panels. The dielectric hangers are typically mounted in a four-foot grid pattern and are field installed.
- Attachment Points: Serve as support of materials to be installed by others, and are of two sub-types: Fully Penetrating or Partially Penetrating
- Magnetic Shielding: M36 Silicone Steel
- Patient-view windows
- Penetration shielding
- EMI rated power line and signal electrical filters
- Magnetic shield calculations and modeling
- Site design
- Backlit panels
- Pneumatic door package
- Acoustic dampening door package
- Interior finish
- Preventive maintenance program